This is a presentation about creating applications for mathematics Android Devices, BlackBerry PlayBook, iPhone and iPad using Flash Builder from Adobe and FMath components. www.fmath.info has two flex components:
- FMath Formula - to display a mathml or latex formula;
- FMath Editor - an editor to create mathml/latex equations;
Steps to create the application:
- Install Flash Builder from Adobe;
- Download the components from www.fmath.info/flex (swc file and fonts)
- Unzip the packages;
- Copy the swc files in your project/libs;
- Now you can see the components in Flash Builder - Design Mode under Mathematics category.
- Copy the folder fontswf (lookAndFeel and config file for editor) in project/bin-debug
- Now you can create a project with Flash Builder and insert FMath components.
1. testFlexMobileProjectFormula-v1.6.2-b....zip - is an application example to display a mathml formula or a latex formula on an IPad. But the project can be changed to generate applications for Android or Blackberry. In this example you can read the mathml or latex formula, change it and display it again.
2. testFlexMobileProjectEditor-v2.3-b....zip - is an application example to display the editor on an IPad. In this example you can read the mathml created by the editor.
More details about component's attributes and how to use, can be found on www.fmath.info/flex